All about Siwon

Friday, November 15, 2013

[SCAN + ENG TRANS] 131115 Italian Magazine "L'Uomo Vogue" with Choi Siwon


Choi Siwon
MULTI FACETED TALENT

He’s an idol for young people in his triple role as singer (with the K-Pop band Super Junior), actor and model. “I identify myself in each of these activities”

Known member of Super Junior, “quintessential boy band” of that Korean music scene known as K-Pop, Choi Siwon recently stood up for his skills as actor and model as well. Even so, it must not have been easy to emerge from a group that counts up to thirteen members. “My individual career and the one as group member are both equally important and I can manage them just as well at the same time”, says he “because I always give my best”.

Discovered by a talent scout of SM Entertainment in front of his high school, when he was 16-years-old (he was born in ’87), in no time he gets a part in a well-known Korean TV drama and then debuts with Super Junior. “Scouting was a very common thing when I was a teenager. I remember that day very well: classes were over and I was waiting for a few friends in front of my high school. A guy came towards me and told me he was a talent scout. He gave me his card, a leaflet of the company and a few CDs” So his adventure began. “I always wanted to be famous, but I didn’t know whether to become a musician or something else”, he goes on. “When I started thinking about the agent’s offer, my friends encouraged me. I can’t say that my parents were as supportive at the time, especially my father”. In the last ten years he challenged himself in the different roles of singer, actor and model. “I identify myself in each of these activities. I feel alive when I’m on stage as a musician and I’m happy on set during shooting for a movie (a title for all: “Attack of the pin-up boys” from 2007, ndr) and I give everything when I’m photographed as a model”.

Siwon is one of the most known faces of South-Korean entertainment, to the point where he appeared in a series of Chinese stamps commemorating the Beijing Olympics. “It was really gratifying considering that stamps with images of human beings are really rare in the history of Chinese stamps”, he says. Wherever he goes he’s followed by hordes of fans, his voice and his image travel fast on the Internet and job offers and invitations begin to come from every part of the world. “Living a life open to the public forces me to give up a few things, of course”, he admits. “I have to bear the public exposure of my private life and be careful not to make mistakes, because they could afflict my family as well”. But he’s proud of the fact that today “we can talk about Korean culture and art to the global society”. And waiting to visit Italy, he’s getting ready to move to Hong Kong, where in a short time he’ll begin shooting for his new movie.

Credit: L’Uomo Vogue
English Translation by: gollumma (Super Junior Italia)
re-posted by: chindy pratiwi

DO NOT CUT THE LOGO
TAKE OUT WITH FULL AND PROPER CREDIT

No comments:

Post a Comment